How to See Someone’s Location on iPhone
In the last few years, it has become quite easy to find someone’s location on the iPhone. While iOS devices are known to be quite secure, they are also becoming more social. In fact, Apple also provides some native features to check the location on the iPhone of our friends. Furthermore, there are a few third-party tools that can help us extract the iPhone location history of the target device. In this guide, we will let you know how to find someone’s location on iPhone in different ways.
3 Methods to See Someone’s Location on iPhone
While there are numerous techniques to check the location on the iPhone, we have handpicked the three best methods here.
Method 1: Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is the native service provided by Apple. The feature majorly helps us locate our lost or stolen iPhones. It is integrated with iCloud and can be used to locate an iPhone through its website. Therefore, if you wish to check the location on the iPhone, then the target device should be linked to your iCloud account. Ideally, you can follow these steps to find someone’s location on the iPhone using the Find My iPhone service.
1. First, you need to set up the Find My iPhone feature. To do this, go to the device Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and turn it on.
2. Now, whenever you wish to check the location on the iPhone, go to the official website of iCloud. Log in to the iCloud account that is linked to the target device.
3. From the welcome screen of iCloud, go to the “Find My iPhone” option.
4. Here, you will get a list of all the devices linked to the account. Simply select the device you wish to locate.
This will display the exact location of the iOS device. While the service is quite easy to use, it has a drawback. The user of the device can switch it on or off anytime they want. Unlike mSpy, your kids can sometimes fool you or simply turn the feature off.
Method 2: mSpy – iPhone Location Tracker
mSpy is one of the best ways to extract the iPhone location history of a device remotely and that too without being detected. The parental monitoring app can help you get vital details of a device. You can even restrict device usage and block apps on an Android device. Even the iOS version of the app comes with tons of features. For instance, you can extract browsing history, location history, app usage logs, etc. In this way, you can know how your kids are using their iPhones. To check the location on iPhone using mSpy, follow these steps.
Step 1. Register a mSpy account. You may register on either your phone or your kid’s phone. The same account is applicable to both devices.
Step 2. Select the OS of your kid’s phone and set up the mSpy on your kid’s phone.
Step 3. That’s it! Once you have completed the setup, login to your mSpy account and you can track the iPhone location remotely.
You can access mSpy’s control panel remotely on any device. Also, you can use its mobile app to track another phone remotely. Not just to check the location on the iPhone, you can obtain tons of other details related to the device as well. The location tab will provide the past locations of the target iPhone so that you can keep a check on your kids without being detected.
mSpy is the most reliable parental control app for location tracking, app blocking, web filtering, screen time control, and more. You can start your tracking now!
Method 3: Find My Friends
While Find My iPhone is used to locate one’s own device, Find My Friend is a social location-sharing feature provided by Apple. Firstly, users need to enable location sharing among each other. Once it is turned on, they can check the location on the iPhone of their friends and family. To use Find My Friends, you need to have an iOS device as well. If you wish to learn how to find someone’s location on iPhone with Find My Friends, follow these steps:
1. In order to access Find My Friends, you need to enable the service first. Launch the Find My Friends app on your device and go to your profile. From here, turn on the location-sharing feature.
2. Now, go back and tap on the “Add Friends” option. Provide the name of the person you wish to add.
3. Select the contact and send them an add request. You can also choose how you wish to share the location. In most cases, it is indefinite.
4. To complete the process, take the target device and accept the request. Also, enable location sharing on the device by following the same technique.
5. Furthermore, you can enable notifications on your kid’s smartphone as well. In this way, you can get alerts whenever they leave or arrive.
6. Once you have completed the setup, you can simply check the location on the iPhone using the app. It will display the location of all the added friends on a map. You can tap on a contact to know their accurate location.
Find My Friends is a smart and hassle-free way to find someone’s location on the iPhone. Though, your kids might turn off the location-sharing feature whenever they want. This is why mSpy is a more suited option to obtain iPhone location history without any complications.
Now that you know three different ways to find someone’s location on the iPhone, you can easily track your friends and family remotely. Out of all the options, mSpy is a complete parental control and monitoring app, it will let you know how your kids use their smartphones remotely. Go ahead and create your mSpy account and check the location on the iPhone of others without even getting noticed.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: