How to Unlock a Stolen iPhone without Passcode
There are some unfortunate situations where you buy a second-hand iPhone online, only to find out that the device is stolen from others. But if you paid for the device, you may not be in a hurry to let it go and you may therefore be looking for a way to unlock the device anyway.
Is there any way to unlock your stolen iPhone? Well, the chances are zero if the Lost Mode in Find My iPhone has been activated. If not, there are still some things you can do to access the locked device. In this article, we are going to look at 3 of the best ways to unlock a stolen iPhone without a passcode.
So let’s get into it.
Way 1. How to Unlock Stolen iPhone Using Siri
If the stolen iPhone is running iOS 10.3.2 and 10.3.3, you may be able to unlock the device using Siri. This method exploits a security loophole in these 2 versions of iOS that can allow you to unlock the device without data loss. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Activate Siri on the stolen iPhone by tapping and holding the Home button, then ask Siri any question about time.
Step 2: Siri will display the time on the screen, tap on the clock icon to open it.
Step 3: Tap on the “+” icon at the top-right of the screen.
Step 4: Tap anything on the search box and then tap on the search term, you’ll find “Options”.
Step 5: Choose “Select All > Share” and then choose “Message” in the new popup that appears.
Step 6: Tap something in the “To” field and hit return on the keyboard. The text should be highlighted in green, tap on the “+” again.
Step 7: Choose “Create New Contact” and then tap on the photo icon to choose “Add Photos”.
Step 8: When the gallery opens, press the home button to return to the home screen and you’ll notice that the device has been unlocked.
Note: Please note that this method is not permanent and you will have to repeat these steps every time you get locked out of the stolen iPhone.
Way 2. How to Unlock Stolen iPhone with Recovery Mode
You may also be able to unlock a stolen iPhone by putting the device in Recovery mode and then restoring the device in iTunes. Follow these simple steps to do that:
Step 1: Connect the stolen iPhone to the computer via USB cable and open iTunes.
Step 2: Force restart the iPhone by pressing and holding a combination of buttons to put the device into Recovery mode while it is connected to the computer.
- For iPhone 8 and earlier: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Power button until the device goes into recovery mode.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button together for at least 10 seconds, until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 6 or earlier: Press and hold the Home button and the Power button together for at least 10 seconds, until the recovery mode screen shows up.
Step 3: iTunes will prompt you to either “Restore” or “Update” the device. Click on “Restore” to unlock the stolen iPhone and keep it connected to the computer until the process is complete.
Note: Please note that if the process takes more than 15 minutes, the device will exit recovery mode and you’ll have to start all over again.
Way 3. How to Unlock Stolen iPhone without Siri or iTunes
Both the Siri and Recovery mode methods have some limitations, the best way to unlock a stolen iPhone is to use an iPhone unlocking tool like iPhone Passcode Unlocker. This tool is designed to scan the iPhone and remove the screen passcode or iCloud activation lock from the device without a password. It is very easy to use anyone can accomplish the unlock purpose without any hassles.
Main Features of iPhone Passcode Unlocker:
- Remove various types of screen locks like 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID from stolen iPhone.
- Remove Apple ID and iCloud accounts from locked or stolen iPhones without a password.
- Compatible with the newest iOS 15/14 and supports all iOS devices including iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone XR/XS/X, iPhone 8/7/6s/6, iPad Pro, etc.
How to Unlock Stolen iPhone Screen without Passcode
Download iPhone Passcode Unlocker onto your computer and go through the setup wizard to install the program, then launch it and follow these simple steps below to remove the screen lock or Apple ID from the stolen iPhone.
Option 1. How to Unlock Screen Lock from Stolen iPhone
Step 1: In the main window, click on the “Unlock Screen Passcode” option from the next screen, then connect the stolen iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2: Wait for the software to detect the device, then click “Start” to continue. If the device can’t be detected, you should follow the on-screen instructions to put it into Recovery Mode or DFU mode.
Step 3: Now choose the save path and click “Download” to download the latest firmware package for the iPhone. Once the firmware is downloaded, click “Unlock Now” to remove the iPhone screen passcode.
Option 2. How to Unlock Apple ID from Stolen iPhone
Step 1: From the main window, choose the option of “Unlock Apple ID” and use a USB cable to connect the stolen iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Click “Start Unlock” to remove the Apple ID and iCloud account linked to the stolen iPhone. If “Find My iPhone” is on, you should follow the on-screen steps to reset all settings on the device.
Step 3: After that, the iPhone will automatically restart and iPhone Passcode will immediately remove the Apple ID and iCloud account from the device.
Which Way Should You Choose to Unlock Stolen iPhone?
All the above solutions are helpful for unlocking a stolen device, but they are vastly different. Which way should you choose to unlock a stolen iPhone? Here we’ll list the pros and cons of the three unlock methods to help you make the choice.
- Ease of Use: iPhone Passcode Unlocker has a simple and intuitive interface, allowing you to unlock a stolen iPhone in a few simple steps. Both the Siri and iTunes restore are processes that require a lot of steps.
- Usability: The Siri method is not permanent. Having to do that every time the device gets locked can be very problematic. In contrast, the iTunes restore and methods can be permanent when implemented correctly, allowing you to continue using the device.
- Compatibility: The Siri method can only be applied to old iOS versions while iTunes restore and iPhone Passcode Unlocker can work on all iOS versions even the latest iOS 15.
When you suspect that the iPhone you bought is stolen, there is nothing you can do but try to unlock the device and try to use it. The solutions above can help you do that. Select a solution that will be easiest for you to implement and follow the steps to do it. Once the device is unlocked, you can set your own security settings to keep the data on the device safe.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: