One of the most important ways to protect your iPhone is to implement a passcode. However, there are times when you need to turn off the lock screen on your iPhone to avoid typing in a passcode every time you want to check the device. This can be done easily with the right password. But what if you forgot your iPhone passcode?
Don’t worry. In this article, we are going to present you with various solutions to turn off the lock screen on your iPhone even if you’ve forgotten your password.
Part 1: How to Turn Off Lock Screen on iPhone with Password
It is very easy to turn off the lock screen on your iPhone with the right password. You can simply get rid of the lock screen by disabling the screen passcode. Here’s how to do that:
Step 1: Open the Settings on your iPhone and then select “Touch ID & Passcode”.
Step 2: Enter your lock screen password, then scroll down to locate the “Turn Passcode Off” and click on it.
Step 3: In the popup that appears, you will be requested to confirm that you want to turn off your password. Tap “Turn Off” to turn off the iPhone lock screen.
Step 4: Simply input the original password and you will not be required to enter it to access the device.
Part 2: How to Turn Off Lock Screen on iPhone Without Password
If unfortunately, you forgot your iPhone passcode, the easiest way to turn off the lock screen on the iPhone is to use a tool like iPhone Unlocker. This program is designed to help you unlock a locked iPhone or iPad under different circumstances. It is also very easy to use, allowing you to turn off the lock screen on your iPhone without a password in a few simple steps.
Following are some of the features that make it the best solution for you:
- It can be used to unlock screen passwords of iPhone/iPad easily and quickly.
- It can remove all types of security locks including 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, and Face ID.
- It can help to remove Apple ID/iCloud account on an iPhone/iPad without a password.
- It allows users to easily fix disabled or locked iOS devices without using iCloud or iTunes.
- It is compatible with all iOS devices and all iOS versions, including iOS 16 and iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Pro Max.
To turn off the lock screen on iPhone without a password, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Download iPhone Unlocker and install it on your computer. Run the program and in the main interface, click on “Unlock” and then choose “Unlock iOS Screen”.
Step 2: Connect the screen-locked iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and wait for the software to automatically detect the device, then click “Start” to continue.
If your iPhone can’t be recognized, don’t worry, you can follow the instructions on the program to put the device into Recovery Mode or DFU mode to have it detected.
Step 3: In the next window, you’ll be asked to download the corresponding firmware package for your iPhone, select a save patch, and click “Start”.
Step 4: As soon as the firmware is downloaded to your computer, you can click “Unlock Now” to begin removing the iPhone passcode then turn off the lock screen.
Part 3: How to Turn Off Lock Screen on iPhone via iTunes
You may also be able to turn off the lock screen on your iPhone using iTunes. But this will only work if you had synced your device with iTunes before. Follow these simple steps to disable the iPhone lock screen using iTunes;
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Open iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically. If you use macOS Catalina 10.15, launch Finder.
Step 2: Click on the device tab on iTunes once the device is detected. Click on “Restore iPhone” and the program will begin to reset the iPhone.
Once the process is complete, the screen lock will be removed from the iPhone.
Part 4: How to Turn Off the Lock Screen on iPhone via Recovery Mode
If a regular iTunes restore doesn’t work, or Find My iPhone is enabled on your iPhone, you may need to restore the device in recovery mode. Follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and then open iTunes.
Step 2: Now follow this procedure to put the device in recovery mode.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier – turn off the device and connect it to the computer while holding the Home button and the Power buttons at the same time until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus – turn off the iPhone and while connecting it to the computer, hold the Power button and the Volume Down button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 8 and earlier – turn off the device, quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then quickly press and release the Volume Down button, and finally press the Power button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
Step 3: When iTunes asks, click on “Restore” and iTunes will restore the device to its factory settings, thereby removing the lock screen.
With the solutions above, you are able to turn the screen lock off whether you have the password or not. Share your thoughts on this topic or any other iOS issue with us in the comments section below and we’ll do our best to help you find a solution.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: