“My iPhone 7 won’t turn off since last night, even I kept pressing the power button over and over again, nothing changed. So is there anyone who can help? Thanks so much!”
It’s quite unbelievable that users can’t turn off iPhone, but the truth is that once the Power button fails to work, most people don’t have any idea how to turn the device off without the On/Off button. Now in this article, we will show you some easy ways to turn off your iPhone.
Part 1: 5 top ways to resolve iPhone won’t turn off
Solution 1: Hard reset/ Force restart iPhone
– For iPhone 6 and older generations: press the Power (wake/sleep) button and the Home button at the same time (for at least 10 seconds). This will make the screen go black. Let go of the buttons when the Apple logo would appear on the screen.
– For iPhone 7 / iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 plus and other models: Instead of the Home button, long-press the Power (wake/sleep) and the Volume Down button at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Follow the same process and let go of the buttons as the Apple logo screen would appear.
Solution 2: Turn off iPhone with AssistiveTouch. Firstly, tap on the Assistive touch box on your screen, select Device to access its features. Then tap and hold the Lock Screen, later this will show you the power screen. After that, you can slide the display in order to turn off your iPhone.
Solution 3: Reset all settings on your iPhone. You need to do:
– Unlock your iPhone and go to Settings > General option.
– Scroll down to the bottom until you find the Reset tab, select it.
– Now tap on Reset All Settings.
– Lastly, select Reset All Settings again in order to perform the needed operation. A few minutes later, you can restart your device normally.
Solution 4: Restore iPhone with iTunes. Before we start, please make a backup of your iPhone data in advance. Once done, go ahead.
– Launch the latest iTunes on your system and get your iPhone connected to it via USB.
– Put your device into the recovery mode, after iTunes detects it, tap on Restore.
– Even without putting your phone into the recovery mode, you can fix it. After when iTunes would be able to recognize your device, select it, and visit its Summary page. Under the Backup section, click on the Restore Backup.
– After making your selection, iTunes will generate a pop-up message to confirm your choice. Tap on Restore and resolve iPhone won’t turn off issue.
Solution 5: If the above solution can’t help you, you’d better take your iPhone to an authorized iPhone service center or an Apple Store.
Part 2: Fix iPhone won’t turn off using
Actually, if the cause of such a problem is the hardware problem, we highly recommend a professional tool, iOS System Recovery, which will solve your problem without any data loss. Here are the simple steps:
1. Download and run the software. Select “iOS System Recovery”.
2. Connect your iPhone to your PC with the USB cable. Once the software detects your iPhone, click on Start.
3. Now you need to boot your iPhone in DFU mode. Just follow the guidelines in the screenshot below.
4. Return to the PC now, just fill the correct model number and its firmware details before tapping on Download.
5. Sit back and wait till the process is completed. Then the fixing would be started automatically.
6. Within a few minutes, the problem your iPhone won’t turn off will be gone. And congratulations, your iPhone will start up normally again.