Are you trying to reach a friend on Facebook but your messages go unanswered? Do you suspect that your friend has blocked you on Facebook Messenger? This guide will show you how to check if they have blocked you. Please note that you won’t get confirmation that they have blocked you, there are only some signs that you can use to detect if they have blocked you or not.
Tip 1: Use the Mobile App
Perhaps the easiest way to check if someone has blocked you on Messenger is to use the mobile app. Try sending them a message to see if they get the message or open it. If they don’t get the message, check if the person is on Facebook. If they are, they may have blocked you on Messenger only and not Facebook. Follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Open the Messenger app on your device and type in your friend’s name in the search bar
Step 2: Tap on your friend’s name when it appears and type in a message to send to them. Then tap “Send”.
- If the message is sent normally, then your friend has not blocked you on Messenger.
- If you see “Message Not Sent” and “This person isn’t receiving messages at this time”, then the person may have blocked you on Messenger and not Facebook, they may have blocked you on Facebook or deactivated their account.
Step 3: To determine exactly what is going on, try to find your friend on the Facebook app. If they appear in search results, they have blocked you on Messenger. But if your friend’s profile doesn’t appear, they may have deactivated their account.
Tip 2: Use Desktop Version
The above method can also be applied when you are using the desktop version of Facebook Messenger. But the steps are somewhat different. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Go to messenger.com on any browser on your computer and log in to Facebook if you aren’t already logged in.
- Step 2: Click on the “New Message” icon in the top-right corner and type in your friend’s name in the search bar. Select it when it appears in the search results.
- Step 3: Now in the conversation box, type in a message and then click “Send”.
If you get a message that says “This person isn’t available at the moment”, they may have blocked you on Messenger or Facebook. But they may also have deactivated their account.
Tip 3: Check Your Messages
Another great way to tell if someone has blocked you on Facebook Messenger is to check your previous interactions with your friend. The messages you’ve sent in the past should appear in your inbox.
If you expand the message board, you should see your friend’s photo. If it appears with a white outline, it may mean that your friend has not blocked you. But if the outline is black and you’re unable to click on the person’s profile, it may mean that your friend has blocked you on Messenger.
Tip 4: Check the Account
You can also find out if someone has blocked you on Messenger by asking a mutual friend to view their profile. If your friend is unable to see their account then it may be deactivated. If your friend can see the account, then it is increasingly likely that they have blocked you.
Tip 5: Tag Them
You can also try to tag the person you think has blocked you. When you do, a chat box automatically opens and you can send them a message. If they have blocked you or deactivated their accounts, you will not be able to send them a message or any message you send will not be received.
Extra Tip: Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
If you have accidentally deleted your Facebook Messages, you can use iPhone Data Recovery to recover them. This tool is an ideal solution for data recovery from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It is very easy to use and can recover most types of data including Facebook Messages, WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, and much more. Some of the features that make it the best solution include the following:
- It can recover data directly from the iOS device or from iTunes/iCloud backup.
- It can recover all types of data including Facebook, WhatsApp, photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, voice memos, Safari history, etc.
- It utilizes the most advanced technologies to make data retrieval simple and highly effective.
- It supports all version iOS devices and all iOS versions, even the newest iOS 13/iPadOS and iPhone 11/11 Pro.
Here’s how to recover deleted Facebook messages on iPhone/iPad:
Step 1: Download and install iPhone Data Recovery on your computer and launch the program. In the main window, click on “Recover” and then select “Recover iOS Data”.
Step 2: Connect the device to the computer and when the program detects the device, select the types of data you would like to recover and then click “Start Scan”.
Step 3: When the scan is complete, you should see all the Facebook messages on that device (both deleted and available). Select the conversations you would like to recover and then click “Recover”.
You can take the steps above to know if someone has blocked you on Facebook Messenger. While you may not be able to tell conclusively that someone has blocked you, the steps above will give you a clear idea. Share your thoughts with us about this topic or any other in the comments section below and we’ll do our best to find a solution for whatever problem you may be facing.