Top 10 Free Social Media Monitoring Tools for Free
With the arrival of smartphones, kids have become smarter in handling technical devices, which is good. However, the story becomes different when kids use their phones in excess. It is a matter of concern for their parents. There is no doubt that children of the present times are getting more connected than ever. Compared to the 90s generation, kids today demand phones more than toys or video games.
Now, the main concern is not whether parents should look for social media monitoring tools or Smartphone tracking tools, but the question is how a parent can get all features in one device. No doubt, getting a monitoring tool is readily available in the market. But, choosing an accurate one is a wise decision.
It is well-known that the most commonly used devices among teens are their smartphones with an average mark of 56%, laptops at 50%, and tablets at 48%. It is hard to determine parents while monitoring these devices. Lots of parents have tried to administrate their kid’s phones for good, but not everyone reaches the goal. It might be because they haven’t chosen the best phone tracking tool or have no idea to operate it.
Many free social media monitoring tools or child’s activities trackers are available, and that too for free. You need to help yourself in choosing the perfect one. However, if you want to improve your kids in limiting their screen time, read on to know more.
Free Social Media Monitoring Tools
mSpy is much more than a parental control app. This app features an accurate screen time management solution and tracks child’s activities. Parents need not worry about such apps if they are using them for the first time. This app is free and easy to use. You get all the instructions once you download it.
- Block unnecessary apps
- Set the screen time
- Active locator
- Limits the browser’s actions like you can block Firefox in your kid’s phone
- Parents can block distracting apps and games on their children’s mobiles
- Notifies you if your kids arrive home late or cross the zone areas
- You can block texting on Android devices
- Allows the limits screen to ensure less utilization of tech devices.
- Screen time and manual blocking
- Available for both iOS and Android devices
- Filtering content is highly available
- Limited features in free versions
eyeZy allows you to monitor your child’s smart devices in real-time. It follows and blocks the activities of your child if you think any of them are not safe. With secure access, you can consider this social media monitoring tool, eyeZy, as a parental control app.
- Filtering: Restrict the activities performed unnecessarily by your kids on Smartphone
- Logging: It is the ability to access your kid’s activities online
- Alerts: Notify you if your child does any misconduct on his phone.
- Track Unwanted Activities: You can receive a notification related to unwanted activities
- Instant notifications and alerts
- Manual settings
- Flexible content filtering
KidsGuard Pro may become popular, but it is not a whole star thing. With this app, you can set a schedule for your kids and block pornographic content.
- Location Tracking: Completely track the location of a target device with real-time details.
- App Blocking: You can block unwanted apps and software from your kids’ phones.
- Web Filtering: Parents can filter the content that they want their children not to browse.
- Geofencing: For kid’s safety, parents can mark the safe zones for them
- Record the Whole Day’s Activity: You can quickly check your kid’s activity on your phone whenever you get the time.
- Accurate location tracking
- Prevents kids from screen addiction
- Maintain proper geofencing for kids
- The iOS version is under developing
- Parents may need to switch to the premium version soon
- Children may know how to access it as it is quite easy to use
Cocospy allows parents to monitor activity on iPhone and Android devices. You can easily see when your kids are communicating and what they are chatting about. Cocospy permits parents to go through the deleted messages so teens can’t hide their conversations.
- Access to monitor kids’ calls, texts, and messages
- Track the browsing data and history
- Limit the screen time for kids
- You get access to various apps on kid’s phone
- View deleted messages as well
- No jailbreaking needed
- No 24/7 customer support
- Can’t monitor the child’s activity on Facebook
- Images and videos sent as MMS cannot be previewed
This free social media monitoring tool effortlessly manages screen time for kids and protects them from objectionable content available online. It is available for both Android and iOS devices. The control is an utterly parental control tool, and they can monitor their kids’ activities every minute.
- Set daily screen limit for kids
- Lock all unnecessary software and apps instantly
- Track wherever your child goes
- Free trial
- Reasonable price
- Co-parent access
- No phone support
- Less monitoring features
- Not accessible to monitor all social media platforms
However, with the availability of such social media monitoring tools, parents can easily decide how to protect their children in a digital world. Before installing such apps, parents need to educate themselves on what purpose a particular app is available. Don’t always go for free. Many apps have great features but sound expensive to you. But they aren’t. Their functions would help you shape your kids’ future well and limit their phone accessibility. Have a look at five more best social media monitoring tools.
Best Social Media Monitoring Tools for Parents
It’s all about where you invest. These five best tools are the best-recommended ones that you can go with. Here you go.
Spyic is a social media monitoring tool designed as a useful parental control app that makes parenting easy with robust solutions. Parents need not struggle much. All they need is to install this app on their phone and their kids’ phone with a mutual decision and proceed ahead.
- Prevents Cyberbullying: It tracks suspicious content and notifies you if your kid searches any offensive content on social media sites or browsers.
- Tracks real-time locations: With access to know where your child is heading to, this app helps you see complete location history and geofencing facilities
- Filtering Content: You can block any unnecessary apps or software which is not safe for your kids
- Limits Screen Time: Sets screen time on an hourly basis so that your child focuses on his study well.
- Suspicious Activity: You can track your kids’ unwanted activities on smart devices
- No jailbreaking required
- Provides results quickly
- Friendly user interface
- Not compatible with all devices
- Limited features for iOS devices
Parents can make use of Net Nanny to view their kids’ activities without letting them know. This free social media monitoring tool is designed for parents to monitor their kids when they are away from them.
- Parents have complete access to kids device
- Filter unnecessary content such as blocking adult or pornography content
- It provides constant push notifications and alerts to parents about their kids’ online activities
- Accessed from any personal computer
- Website blocking abilities
- Accurate user interface
- Expensive after the free trial is over
- The location feature is not reliable
It is another useful app for parents to monitor social media sites permitting them to get notifications of the whereabouts of their kids.
- Web history monitoring
- Real-time tracking of your kids’ location
- Capture screenshots of your child’s phone activities
- Easily monitor messengers
- Suitable with several OS
- Has an essential monitoring feature
- Simple to install
- The website is not easy to use
- Limited to iOS device
- No content filtering option
It is one of the professional and impressive tools that offer many features.
- Easily monitor all social media platforms
- Real-tile location notifications
- Digital safety abilities
- Strong iOS Support
- Track all social media sites
- Tracks calls and texts on Smartphone
- No support for Android tablet
- Unreliable in geofencing testing
- No iCloud backups
It features keyword tracking and easily tracks social media platforms.
- Historical location tracking
- No rooting required
- Phone wipe capability
- Easy to use
- Capture deleted content
- Track keystrokes
- Jailbreaking required
- Unable to track Skype and Viber
- It is expensive
These best social media monitoring tools easily understand your care towards your kids as they are designed to diminish your concerns for a long. Your child can’t lie to you, and you can easily make them understand what’s right and what is wrong for them.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: