Lagging and choppy screen recordings are quite excruciating. For people who record live streams, it is nearly a nightmare. As some screen capture software, especially game recording software, tend to crash or lag during recording, choosing a lag-free screen recorder is a key to record screen video smoothly.
This post will introduce several versatile no lag screen recording software for Windows and Mac. They have gained popularity and receive an excellent reputation and many feedbacks. Keep reading and pick up the suitable app according to your system!
Movavi Screen Recorder
Platforms: Windows, Mac
Movavi Screen Recorder is a powerful screen recording software with a handful of highlights. By applying hardware acceleration, the software can record gameplay and other screen activities with hardware components and therefore, offload your CPU and let the recording run smoothly without lag.
- Adjustable frame rates and video & audio quality to ensure high-quality footage: Selectable frame rates range from 20 fps to 60 fps. As long as your hardware has good performance and you record screens with a high frame rate, your resultant recording video will be smoother. Similarly, video and audio quality can be adjusted from the lowest up to the lossless. You can choose the one which can present you with the screen videos of satisfactory quality and of smaller size.
- A drawing panel for marking on your screen & mouse effect: When making a tutorial by screen recording, it is quite convenient to use annotation tools to highlight things on the screen. In addition, you can add a colored circle around your cursor and set a different colored circle around your cursor when clicking so that your audiences can better follow you.
- Built-in Game Recorder: The new game recorder feature makes it convenient and flexible to record gameplay videos. Every user and especially game streamer can enjoy gaming moments while recording the gameplay as a project.
- Schedule recording: There are many videos online which cannot be downloaded or live stream videos. You can turn on the scheduled recording to let the recording ends automatically.
- Save recorded videos in MP4, GIF, MOV, AVI, and more.
A Simple Guide to Record Screen Without Lag
Step 1: Click the button below to download Movavi Screen Recorder and install it.
Step 2: Double-click the icon of Movavi Screen Recorder and you will see a clear and concise interface.
Step 3: Click the “Screen Recording” and you can see a new interface.
Step 4: On this interface, you can choose the recording area by adjusting the light-blue-dashed-line rectangle. Or you can click the arrow-down icon in Display to choose to record full screen or custom screen. In addition, you can decide whether to record your voice via the microphone button, whether to include system sound and webcam.
Tip: You can do the Sound Check before the recording to make sure the recording sound is normal.
Step 5: After all the settings, you can just hit the orange button (REC) on the right and the screen recording is on the going. During the recording, clicking the pen icon on the control panel enables you to add words, arrows, marks, and numerical index on the screen.
Step 6: After finishing the recording, hit the red square button to stop and a recorded video window will pop up for your reviewing. Then you can click the Save button to save this video or leave it out by closing the window.
Platforms: Windows, Mac
Another no lag recording software that we highly recommend is Camtasia. Besides an excellent screen recorder, it is also a useful video editor that allows you to instantly edit and improve your video recordings. Essentially, you can record any screen activities including websites, software, video calls, or PowerPoint presentations. It also adds a Web camera feature that is helpful in recording a reaction video. Basic features such as recording specific regions of a computer screen, audio recording, and recording mouse cursor are all integrated.
The biggest highlight of Camtasia is its editing feature. After recording your screen with no lag, the video recording footage can be dragged to the time and you can simply trim or cut your unwanted parts. To fine-tune your video, you can also zoom the timeline to go through frame by frame specifically. The professional Camtasia even comes with various editing effects to enhance your recording.
However, provided that it is also designed with video editing functions, the launch of the software can be time-consuming. Also, it can be difficult to operate for new beginners.
OBS Screen Recorder
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
OBS Screen Recorder is also a free gaming screen recorder for PC with no lag. It provides a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect according to your needs. And you can save your video recordings to a wide range of file formats. Tech-savvy users may also find the OBS screen recorder extremely helpful and multifunctional because it has a steep learning curve. As a result, this can take a long time if you want to command all the settings. Still, for anyone who needs to record lectures for class or record live streaming, OBS is powerful in that it allows for custom backgrounds and supports connecting with different streaming service providers. Basically, it is a reliable option to record screens with no lag.
Bandicam is also a popular no lag screen recorder for all users. It is lightweight yet powerful so you can easily record any screen activities to save locally. Additionally, it has the support for recording the screen of external sources such as your game console, webcams, and IPTV. When recording, Bandicam offers options to add shapes, arrows, and text and also record mouse cursor with preset effects. Just like other no lags reorders, you can conveniently record system audio and your voice with Bandicam and it requires no complicated operations. Other features such as task schedule and chroma key will also let you record the PC screen much flexibly.
Windows, Linux, Mac (Coming soon)
The last free and powerful screen recorder with no lag is ScreenRec. As a lag-free screen recorder, ScreenRec can be your optimum option to record high-resolution gameplay, gameplay, and tutorial video. All recordings are created in small size and can be exported as popular MP4 video format. And while recording a lecture, it gives the option to add annotations so as to make your video recording much clearer and easy to understand. A big advantage of the video recordings that ScreenRec produces is that the content can be encrypted so you can control who has access and create a sharing link that only your team member can view the video. For those who value privacy, ScreenRec should be a perfect choice.
Tip: Why Does My Game Lag When I Screen Record?
When using the pre-installed screen recorder like Movavi Screen Recorder, the issue may be caused by two reasons:
- The RAM memory and CPU of your phone or computer are overloaded.
- The settings of your devices are incompatible with the game. You can check and reset the settings again before you start the game.
Therefore, the higher the performance your computer has, the better the result.