The question “How do I hide my location on iPhone?” is one of many questions users of iPhone do ask.
Some apps do ask your permission to access where you are. Once the permission is granted, even if you try to turn it off, your location details will still be within the reach of the app makers which may be used against you.
Therefore, to prevent this, you need to know how to hide your location on your iPhone.
Part 1. How to Hide Location on iPhone without Them Knowing
How do I hide my location on my iPhone? The following are the different ways to do this.
Way 1. Hide Location with iOS Location Changer
A location changer is one of the effective tools you can use to hide the reallocation of the iPhone easily. As there are different location changers out there, you may want to go for iOS Location Changer.
This is a great iOS location changer that can help hide/fake iPhone location from particular persons or location-based apps/services by changing the location of your device to a specific place where you’re not in.
Steps to Fake/Hide Location on iPhone with iOS Location Changer
Step 1: Start by connecting your device to your PC and launch the app. Choose “Change Location” to proceed.
Note: Ensure that every location-based app running in the background is stopped before you proceed.
Step 2: Unlock your iPhone and trust your PC. Then wait for the PC to load.
Step 3: After a successful loading process, adjust the pin to wherever you have in mind or pick any location on the search bar. Then press the ” Start to Modify” button to change.
Step 4: Open any app that requires location on your iPhone to know if the changes have been made.
Way 2. Turn on Airplane Mode
Turning on Airplane mode is an effective way to hide your location. To get it done easily with this method, follow the below steps.
- Swipe up to see the ” Control Center” of your device from the Home screen.
- Press the Airplane mode to active it
- You will see the icon’s color turn light blue which indicates the Airplane mode is on.
Apart from turning off your “Airplane” mode to hide your iPhone location, you can hide your location by disabling “Share My Location”. Below are the detailed steps which are likely to work on iPhone ( iOS 8 or higher):
- Open your “Settings” on iPhone, scroll down and click on ” Privacy” settings.
- Tap on ” Location Services”.
- Click on “Share My Location”.
- Then toggle the “Share My Location” feature to disable it.
Way 4. Use Location Services Options
Using “Location Services” Options is another great way to hide your location on your iPhone. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on ” Privacy”.
- Select ” Location Services”.
- Toggle off the feature to disable all apps
Note: This method will affect the functionality of some apps such as the Weather app and Camera. Therefore, to prevent this from happening, you should try to disable “Location Services” for particular apps. To do this, click on a specific app in the “Location Services” and select any of the three options: Never, Always, and While Using.
Moreover, apart from a few native apps such as Camera, Weather, and Maps that require access to Location Services, you can let others stay disabled ( you will be asked by any app that requires geo-location to turn it on)
Way 5. Stop Sharing on Find My App
With the ” Find My” app, you can share your location with other people’s iPhone close to you. It is an effective tool very useful when it comes to tracing a lost device. So, to stop sharing your location on your iPhone, follow the below steps.
- Click on the ” Find My” app on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Me” icon at the bottom corner and switch off the “Share My Location” tab by toggling it back.
- For individual members, click on the “People” tab and press a member from the lists. Then press “Stop Sharing My Location” on the available options.
Way 6. Use System Services
You can edit or delete a location entry through the use of ” System Services”. How can this be done? Follow the below steps:
- Open the ” Settings” app and press the “Privacy” option.
- Go to ” Location Services” options and click on “System Services”.
- To switch off the access to your location, Click to toggle off “Significant Locations” on the list of options on “System Services”.
- Select the “Clear History” button to remove every logged-in location.
Way 7. Fake iPhone Location with a VPN
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is another easy way to hide your location on your iPhone. To use it, you need to download an app such as Express VPN that can facilitate it. Below are steps to follow to use VPN to hide your location.
- To add the VPN on your device, download and install the app and grant your iOS device permissions as it asks for them.
- Select the “Allow” button and see the VPN app configured automatically. After a successful configuration, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Press the “General” option and click on the “VPN” option.
Note: Select the VPN app you want to use on the list if you have already installed multiple ones.
Part 2. FAQs about How to Hide Location on iPhone
Q1. Can you fake your location on Find My iPhone?
The only way to fake your location on Find My iPhone is to jailbreak your device.
Q2. Can someone still see your location on Airplane mode?
No one can see your location the moment you put your device on “Airplane” mode.
Q3. How to stop sharing locations without them knowing?
You can use the hiding location feature to temporarily switch off the location service. This feature doesn’t send a notification.
This piece has provided different ways on how you can hide location on iPhone without them knowing. Follow the steps to protect yourself from the risk of privacy leakage.