Airpods by Apple proves to be a breakthrough in the wireless headphone market. Being the best wireless earbuds it continues to be one of the best with amazing feature add-on at each release. However, sometimes people can face problems like Airpods Won’t charge when you connect it with charger.
If your Airpods are not charging after multiple tries then here are some things you can try to do. Basically, the charging stuff is related to AirPods case, due to the fact that it has all the chips packed inside. The charging case can give your Airpods multiple charges when it is fully charged. The AirPods battery is 93mW and it can give you a talk time of 2-hours and a listening time of five hours when it is fully charged.
However, when AirPods charge is finished, then you can simply put back them in the charging case just for 15 minutes. After that you will get one hour of talk time and three hours of listening time.
AirPods Won’t Charge How to Fix Issue Yourself
The AirPods not charging issue is most commonly related to the charging points. It is normally, due to the carbon or debris collected around the charging points. This carbon prevents the proper connection and passage of electricity through the charging points.
Troubleshooting AirPods won’t charge Issue
- Inspecting USB Cable & its points
- Checking charging port of the AirPods case
- Inspecting AirPods Contact Points within the case
Before you continue to troubleshoot the AirPods not charging issue, inspect the status light on the charging case. When your AirPods are in the case, the status light should be green to show the full charging status.
While on the other side if the amber light is visible even after 12-hours of charging. It simply means that there is some issue with your AirPods charging.
Step 1: Checking the Charging Cable
- Carefully inspect the charging cable for any damage. Look at the charging points carefully, if you are not sure then simply use another cable.
- Similarly, to charge the AirPods, connect the cable with your Mac or Laptop and wait for green status light.
- You can also borrow a charger from a friend, as this will help to troubleshoot any issue with your charger. Also, make sure that you are properly placing the AirPods within the charging case.
- As they are not able to get in touch with charging points, then they will never charge.
Checking Charging Status on iPhone / iPad
- When you open the lid of the case and place your iPhone or iPad near to it.
- Then within a few seconds, you will be able to see the charging status after AirPods connect to your iPhone or iPad.
- If the charging status is not visible then it simply means AirPods are not charging.
Step 2: Cleaning AirPods Case Ports & Points
When you are not cleaning your charging case regularly, this can be a reason for AirPods won’t charge. The dust and debris collection at charging points with time is a common problem.
- Use a soft-bristle toothbrush, and start cleaning the charging port with it.
- Now, at next you have to clean the internal contact points within the AirPods case. You can use the interdental brush for that if that is not available you can use a soft cloth with a tweezer.
- You can also use 70% isopropyl alcohol with the fiber cloth to clean the charging case. Just make sure that you don’t use too much liquid with a cloth and make it dripping within the circuit.
- You just need a little moist cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol.
Similarly, also clean the charging points on both AirPods. You can use both toothbrushes or microfiber cloth. But be sure that you don’t leave any fiber from cloth inside the connecting points.
Step 3: Reset Your AirPods
If you are still having to charge issue on AirPods after you tried all the above steps. Now its time to reset your AirPods.
- You just need to press and hold the button available on the back of the charging case. This will reset your AirPods. Hopefully, now your Airpods will start charging.
If you Airpods are still not charging, then you may need to contact Apple Support to claim the warranty or to request a replacement. We also have covered some details on AirPods replacement including the pricing and other details. The replacement cost can be capped at $29 when you buy an Apple Care+ plan with your AirPods.