As we all know, Apple ID is an important authentication method used for all Apple devices. Forgetting your Apple ID or password could cause a lot of trouble. Without being able to log into your Apple ID, you cannot fully access and use your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch as well as iCloud, iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Music, iMessage, FaceTime, and more services.
What should you do if you forgot your Apple ID password? Don’t panic, all is not lost. There are still plenty of options you can use to unlock an Apple ID password and reset it.
Here are the 7 best ways to reset your Apple ID password. All these methods can be applied to the latest iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XR/XS/XS Max, and iPhone X/8/7/6s, iPad Pro running iOS 15.
Way 1. How to Reset Apple ID Password with iPhone Passcode Unlocker
It is really a serious problem if you forget your Apple ID password. If you’ve tried all possible passwords and still can’t log into your Apple ID, you need to unlock your Apple ID password and reset it.
The most efficient way to do that is using a third-party unlock tool – iPhone Passcode Unlocker. This powerful tool can help you unlock Apple ID from iPhone or iPad without knowing the password. Then you will be able to switch to another Apple ID or even create a new one to enjoy all Apple ID features and iCloud services.
Key Features of iPhone Passcode Unlocker
- Unlock Apple ID from any activated iPhone or iPad when forgetting the password.
- Your second-hand iDevice won’t be tracked, locked, or erased by the previous Apple ID after removal.
- Remove screen passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID from iPhone or iPad.
- Works well on the latest iOS 15/iPadOS and iPhone 13/12/11.
- Simple to use, no special knowledge is required.
Follow the steps below to unlock Apple ID without password:
Step 1: Download and install iPhone Passcode Unlocker on your Windows PC or Mac. Launch the software, click on the “Unlock Apple ID” option to proceed.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer using a USB cable. Enter your passcode to unlock the device and tap “Trust” on the screen.
Step 3: Click “Start Unlock” to begin the unlock process. If “Find My iPhone” is turned off, the program will immediately unlock Apple ID on the device.
Step 4: Wait for the unlock process to be completed, the program will notify you that removed the Apple ID successfully. Now you can log in to a different Apple ID or create a new account.
Way 2. How to Reset Apple ID Password with Email or Security Questions
Apple has also made it possible to reset your Apple ID password if you forgot it. You can go to the Apple official website and reset your forgotten Apple ID password either using the recovery email address or answering your security questions. Here’s how to do it:
- To get started, go to Apple ID account page in your web browser and click on “Forgot Apple ID or password”.
- On the next page, enter your Apple ID username and click “Continue”. Then you’ll find two options to reset your password, make your choice and continue.
- If you prefer to “Get an email”, check the email address displayed on the screen and then enter the verification code from the email and click “Continue”.
- If you prefer to “Answer security questions”, confirm your birthday and then answer two of your security questions and click “Continue”.
- Now enter your new Apple ID password and click “Reset Password” to make the change.
If you have enabled two-factor authentication, please skip the above steps and directly go to the next method.
Way 3. How to Reset Apple ID Password If You Use Two-factor Authentication
For people with two-factor authentication enabled for their Apple ID, can easily reset Apple ID password from any trusted iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac. Please note your iDevice should be running on iOS 10 or later and need to have a password enabled.
Using iOS Device: On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen prompts to reset your Apple ID password.
If you’re not signed in to iCloud on your iPhone or iPad, you should go to Settings > Tap “Sign in to your [device]” > Choose “Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it” and follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password.
Using Mac: Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Account Details, click “Forgot Apple ID or password” when your Apple ID password is requested, then follow the onscreen steps to complete the process.
If you’re not signed in to iCloud on your Mac, you should go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud, then directly click “Forgot Apple ID or password” and follow the onscreen instructions to reset your Apple ID password.
Way 4. How to Reset Apple ID Password If You Use Two-step Verification
Two-step verification is an effective security procedure that adds an extra layer of security to keep your Apple account secure. Luckily, if your Apple ID is protected with two-step verification and you forgot your Apple ID password, you can reset the password easily and quickly.
- Go to the Apple ID account page and click “Forgot Apple ID or password”.
- Enter your Apple ID and choose the option to reset your password, then click “Continue”.
- Now enter your Recovery key for two-step verification. Then select a trusted device to receive a verification code.
- Enter the code displayed on the trusted device, create a new password and then choose “Reset password”.
Way 5. How to Use Apple Support App on Your Friend’s iPhone
If you have no way to access your own iPhone to reset the Apple ID password, you can use your friend’s iPhone to install Apple Support app and reset the password.
Install the Apple Support app on your friend’s iPhone and reset the iCloud password through the steps below:
- Open the Apple Support app and select ‘Passwords & Security’ under the option of Topics.
- Tap on Reset Apple ID password and click on Get Started > A different Apple ID.
- Enter the Apple ID that you forgot the password and click on Next.
- In the next step, you will be notified that the Apple ID password is reset.
- You should click on ‘A Different Apple ID’, or the password you change will be your friend’s Apple ID rather than your own Apple ID.
- Though the password reset process is done on your friend’s device, your device data will not be kept on your friend’s device.
- The iOS version of your friend’s iPhone should be iOS 13 or later.
Way 6. Using Find My iPhone App to Reset Apple Account Password
If your friend’s iPhone is iOS 9, iOS 10 or iOS 11, then you can reset the Apple ID password using ‘Find My iPhone’ app.
- Launch the ‘Find My iPhone’ app on your friend’s iPhone.
- Click on ‘Forgot Apple ID or Password’ and enter the new password.
- Click o Next and follow the instructions to receive the confirmation.
Way 7. How to Reset Apple ID Password Using Account Recovery
If the above methods don’t work and you are still unable to reset your Apple ID password, you can try to get back into your Apple ID account by requesting an Account Recovery. This method is helpful especially when your iPhone is lost or stolen, and you want to access your Apple account to prevent unwanted access. However, you need to wait for several days or longer before you can use your account.
- Go to Apple ID account page and choose “Forgot Apple ID or password”.
- Provide your first name, last name, and email address associated with your Apple ID, then click on “Continue” to start the account recovery process.
- Apple will use the information you entered to find your Apple ID. Once your account has been found, click “Go to Your Account” to continue.
- You’ll be taken back to the Apple ID account page where you can reset your password by following the steps on way 2.
Whenever you forgot your Apple ID Password and are faced with trouble accessing your iDevice, you can use the methods in this post to reset your Apple ID password. We recommend you try iPhone Passcode Unlocker, which is safe to use and requires no special tech knowledge. Plus, it can help to unlock an iCloud lock without password. If you get permanently locked out of your Apple/iCloud account and are willing to recover the data that you’ve kept in your iCloud, try iPhone Data Recovery. This tool can help you recover lost data from iPhone, or from iCloud/iTunes backup.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: