“Is there a way to stop sharing my location with someone on Find My Friends that won’t notify them?” – posted on Reddit
You may need to hide your location from others on your iPhone if you don’t want them to know where actually you are. This is especially true if you have shared your location on the Find My Friends app, but you find you would like to stop sharing your location with them for a while.
So, how to hide location on iPhone without them knowing? One of the best ways to do that is to fake or change the location you are sharing. In this article, we will guide you through some effective ways that you can stop sharing locations without your friends knowing.
Part 1. Tricky Tip on How to Hide Location on iPhone
As we mentioned above, the best way to hide your location on your iPhone is to fake the location the device is displaying. For example, you can choose to change the GPS location to another area in your neighborhood or another city altogether. iOS Location Changer offers an easy and quick way to change location on iPhone without jailbreak. Using this tool, you can change your iPhone location to anywhere in one click.
The following are some of the features that make iOS Location Changer the best solution:
- Change iPhone location to anywhere in the world in a single click.
- You can also plan a route on the map by choosing two or multiple spots.
- It also allows you to simulate GPS movement along a specified route.
- It works well with all location-based apps like Pokemon Go, Bumble, Tinder, etc.
- It supports all iOS devices and all versions of iOS including iOS 14/15.
To change the location on your iPhone without jailbreak, follow these very simple steps:
Step 1: Install the iOS location spoofer on your computer and then launch it. The default mode should be “Change Location”.
Step 2: Now connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and then unlock the device. Click “Enter” to begin the process.
You may need to tap “Trust” on your iPhone if a message pops up asking you to “Trust this Computer”.
Step 3: Now, enter the exact address you would like to teleport the device to in the search box and then click “Start to Modify”.
And just like that, the GPS location on your iPhone will change to this new location.
Part 2. Turn On Airplane Mode
You can also stop sharing the location on your iPhone by putting the device in Airplane mode. This will also turn off all connections to the device including GPS, thereby rendering your device invisible. Airplane mode is a good solution if you don’t want to get any calls and messages at the same time. This is because it will keep the device completely muted. It is the go-to solution when you don’t want to be disturbed, like when attending a meeting.
Here’s how to turn on Airplane mode from the Home screen and Lock screen:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Control Center.
- Tap on the Airplane icon at the top to enable Airplane mode.
Here’s how to turn on Airplane mode from the Settings app:
- Launch the Settings from the device’s home screen.
- Tap on “Airplane Mode” to toggle the switch next to it to “Off”.
There is a handy iOS feature that allows you to share the location with another iOS device. This is what makes it possible for others to find you or for you to share your location. If you don’t want others to find you, you can simply just share the location of another device. In order to use this feature, you will need to configure it. Here’s how to do it:
- Unlock the device’s screen and then tap on your profile. Tap on the toggle next to “Share My Location” to turn it on.
- Turn on “Share My Location” on the other iOS device. Then, find the “Find My” app on the other device and set a label for your current location.
- Scroll down to locate the list of individuals that you would like to share your location with and tap on it.
If you don’t want others to know your location or share the location of another device, you could also just simply turn off your device’s “Share My Location” feature. This will render your device completely undiscoverable by anyone you may have shared your location with in the past. You can do this if your device is running iOS 8 or higher. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app and then scroll down to tap on “Privacy”.
- Then tap on “Location Services” and in the options that appear, tap “Share My Location”.
- Tap on the toggle next to “My Location” to turn off this feature.
Note: No one will be notified when you turn off location services on your iPhone, however, some features or apps like Maps may not work as expected without access to your location.
Part 5. Stop Sharing Location on Find My App
The Find My app is designed to help you share your location with family and friends and when it is turned on, your friends and family will always know where you are. If you are using the Find My App to share your location with others, you can easily just stop sharing your location and they will not be able to find you. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the “Find My” app on your device.
- Tap on the “Me” option at the bottom corner and then tap on the toggle next to “Share My Location.”
This will stop your device from sharing your location with others. If you would like to stop sharing location with a particular person, you can just tap on “People” and then select a contact from the list and then choose “Stop Sharing my Location”.
Note: If you stop sharing your location in Find My app, people will not receive a notification, but they will not be able to see you on their friend’s list. And if you re-enable sharing, they will get a notification.
The solutions above will come in handy when you want to stop sharing your location on your iPhone with others without them knowing. iOS Location Changer is perhaps the best option you can try since it is easy to use and doesn’t require you to jailbreak the device. Let us know in the comments section below if you are able to stop sharing your location.