Pokémon Go hit the market in 2016, and ever since, the world has been in frenzy. It has become one of the most popular mobile games thanks to advanced features, such as the recently added Adventure Sync. It allows players to track their steps even when they close the app.
It’s a cool addition that motivates you to walk and earn rewards in Pokémon Go. However, many users reported that Adventure Sync stops working and Pokémon Go isn’t tracking their fitness progress. If you are experiencing Adventure Sync not working issue, read on to learn about the most common causes behind this issue and what you can do to fix it.
Part 1. What is Pokémon Go Adventure Sync and How It Works?
Adventure Sync is an optional mode in Pokémon Go that was first introduced in 2018. It uses the phone’s GPS and connects to fitness apps such as Google Fit on Android or Apple Health on iOS. Based on that information, Pokémon Go gives users in-game rewards for walking even without opening the app.
By activating this mode in Settings, you can continue with the game when the app is closed. You can still monitor your steps and gain rewards for weekly milestones. Also, you’re able to hatch eggs and get Buddy Candy. In 2020, Niantic released a new update to Adventure Sync, which adds social features to Pokémon Go and enhances the process to track indoor activities.
Part 2. Why Is My Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working?
Before we get into the fixes that you can try, let us first look at the common causes for Adventure Sync not working on Pokémon Go.
- Sync Intervals
Sometimes the problem is of time intervals. As we have told you before, Pokémon Go works with other fitness apps to gather fitness data. Sometimes there is an inevitable delay between the two apps. Consequently, you may not be getting the data in the weekly result.
- Speed Cap
The game implements a speed cap. If you are traveling faster than 10.5 kilometers per hour, the fitness data will not be recorded. The app thinks you are not walking or running anymore; instead, you are using an automobile such as a bike or car. The game classifies this as not getting any exercise.
- App Not Closed Fully
The last reason could be that the Pokémon Go app has not been fully closed. This could mean that the app is still running in the background or the foreground. This causes the problem of the data not being recorded as one of the Adventure mode conditions to work is that the app has to be completely closed.
Part 3. How to Fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working
Whatever the reason for your Pokémon Go Adventure Sync not working, there are proven fixes you can try to solve the problem. Let’s go through them one by one.
Ensure That Adventure Sync is Activated
To make sure that the Pokémon Go app is recording your fitness data, you need to make sure the Adventure Sync is enabled. This can be an easy thing to overlook, and if this is the case, then the fix is straightforward. You need to ensure that the mode is activated.
To do this, follow the following steps:
- On your mobile phone, open the Pokémon app. Find the Pokeball icon and press on it.
- Next, you need to go to Settings and find the Adventure Sync option.
- If that option is not already selected, press on it to activate the mode.
- You will get a pop-up notification that asks you if you want to enable the Adventure Sync mode or not > press the “Turn It On” Option.
- Finally, you should get a message that says that you were successful in turning on the mode.
Check That Adventure Sync Has All Needed Permissions
Another prominent reason could be that the Pokémon Go and your fitness app do not have all the required permissions. For you to get around this, you will need to do the following:
- Open Apple Health and tap Sources. Make sure that Adventure Sync is enabled.
- Also, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Pokémon Go and set Location Permissions to “Always”.
- Open the Google Fit app and allow it to access Storage and Location. Then, allow Pokémon Go to pull Google Fit data from your Google account.
- Also, go to your device’s Settings > Apps & notifications > Pokémon Go > Permissions and ensure “Location” is turned on.
Log Out of Pokemon Go and Log Back In
Sometimes you can fix the problem in an old-fashioned way. Simply log out of the Pokémon Go app and the related health app you are using with Pokémon Go, such as Google Fit or Apple Health. Then, sign back in to both apps and check if Adventure Sync not working issue is solved or not.
Update Pokémon Go App to The Latest Version
You could be playing an outdated version of Pokémon Go. This could be the reason why the Adventure Sync not working. To fix it, follow the steps below to update Pokémon Go to the newest version.
- Open the App Store > tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on your Profile at the top.
- Scroll down for available updates > tap Update next to Pokémon Go.
- Go to the Google Play Store and tap on the three lines option.
- Then go to the “My Apps & Games” Option. Scroll to find out the Pokémon Go App.
- Tap on it, and if there is an option available that says Update > press on it.
Set the Timezone of Your Device to Automatic
Adventure Sync may stop working when you have the Time Zone on your device set to manual and travel to areas with Different Timezone. Therefore, to fix the problem, you’d better set your Timezone to automatic. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Turn on “Set Automatically” to allow your device to use the current location.
- Then check if the device shows the correct Time Zone.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll Down to Date & Time.
- Turn on the option of “Automatic date & time”.
Link Pokémon Go and Health App Again
If Pokémon Go and your health app have not been linked properly, you might have problems with your steps getting counted. As the system will not share the data properly between the two apps. To fix the problem, you can open the Google Fit or Apple Health app to make sure that your device is recording your fitness progress and the Pokémon Go app is connected.
- Open the Apple Health app and tap on Sources.
- Under Apps, ensure that Pokémon Go is listed as a connected source.
- Open the Google Fit app and go to Settings > Manage connected applications.
- Here ensure that Pokémon Go is listed as a connected application.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Pokemon Go App
Lastly, if none of the solutions mentioned above works to fix the Adventure Sync not working problem, you can try to uninstall the Pokémon Go app on your iPhone or Android. Then restart the device and reinstall the app.
Tips: Best Location Changer Tool for Playing Pokémon Go
You can also easily change the location on Pokémon Go using this Location Changer. This GPS Location Changer allows you to change the location on your iPhone and Android, without having to jailbreak the iPhone, root your Android device, or install any apps on it. It is the best tool to help you enjoy playing Pokémon Go without walking. You can have a try now!
The Adventure Sync mode in Pokémon Go is an amazing way to get exercise and get rewarded while doing so. If you run into some problems, follow the tips in this article and you should have Adventure Sync working properly again.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: